Nuffnang

Monday, April 23, 2007

.: Of Darkness & Sunshine :.

Watched two movies last weekend.


*The Reaping*

I personally find this movie good, despite very bad reviews from many critics.
Kathrine (Hilary Swank) plays a woman who debunks miracles around the world. Kathrine was a former Christian missionary who lost her faith after her husband and daughter was killed as human sacrifice. Kathrine was called to investigate the mystery of a small town which appears to be suffering from the 10 biblical plague.

To those of you who are not familiar with the ten biblical plague, it's written in the book of Exodus in the Bible. Source : www.wikipedia.com

The 10 deadly plague, in chronological order :

(1) River turned red
(2) Reptiles (commonly believed to be frogs)
(3) Lice
(4) Flies (or beetles)
(5) Disease on livestock
(6) Boils
(7) Hail mixed with fire
(8) Locusts
(9) Darkness
(10) Death of the firstborn

The movie ended with a sharp twist. I'm not going to reveal the spoiler, just in case some of you intend to watch it for yourself. *wink*

Movie rate : 7/10

*Sunshine*



For some reason or another, towards the middle part of the movie, I find it very disturbing. But that's my personal experience.

Fifty years from now, the sun is dying. A spaceship (Icarus I) was sent seven years ago, but was contact was lost. Now, Icarus II was sent, humankind last hope. During the course, they heard a distress call of Icarus I and a decision was made to change course and approach Icarus I.
The plot slowly unravels with difficulties encountered by the crew members.

As I sat back, and reflect on this movie, I realised it's not so much so of the sci-fi movie, but rather of a more spiritual or religious experience.
It really reminds me of the same feelings I had when I watched The Matrix.

Anyways,this would be another movie that I would recommend to watch.

Movie rate : 7/10

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin