Nuffnang

Sunday, December 23, 2007

.: These Are The Moments, I Thank God That I'm Alive :.

It's been a real fulfilling weekend.

It begin on Friday night, where we had a mini gathering / pre-christmas gathering in Seat Jian's house. I was suppose to be there by 8pm, but I end up delaying the rest in starting dinner till 9pm (though I insisted that they start without me, they were all so nice to have waited for me).

Seat Jian's mom made really yummy pork spare ribs, juicy beef burger patties and lovely roasted chicken thighs.

Seat Jian made some spaghetti bolognese.

Drew made chicken liver lasagna - only told us it was made of liver after some of us has already scooped some on our plates. Having said that, I have nothing against liver - plus it did taste good for someone cooking lasagna for the first time. Well done, Drew!

Well, us girls (Jes, Sue May, Qian Hui and myself) brought the "easier" stuff - drinks, cakes (Secret Recipe Choc Indulgence *mmm.....*) and fruits (we even brought the watermelon uncut, leaving the guys to cut it up nicely for us *wink*)

It was really a good job, and I'm so proud of Drew & Seat Jian for making such delicious meals and in fact they did clean up the dishes later. So husband-material. *ehem*
(Free publicity for the both of them).

Sue May was really hyper-ed after dinner, so she, Qian Hui, Seat Jian and Seat Jian's two college friends (Wayne & Wen Xian) went out for a movie.

Drew, Jes and I ajourn back home.

Well, I actually detoured and drop by kor's house to pass him some cakes and gingerbread cookies, and How I Met Your Mother was on tv, so I stayed to watch that show. Learn something new - Lemon Law. Must try that out when I start dating again. *wink*wink*

Well, on Saturday morning, I woke up early for my dental appointment at 9am. After my appointment, I went to SLS Church for my confirmation class, and after class, rushed to Cyberjaya (such a long drive from my place) to pick Yin. (Yin, you better appreciate all this okies? *wink*)

On the way back, we drop by for lunch in Sri Petaling in this place called Fusion Heaven, which my brother highly recommended us to try out - especially the dessert. And was he so right!

I absolutely love it! They serve a warm chocolate pudding on top of vanilla cranberry ice-cream. And inside the pudding, it's filled with chocolate sauce, ooooozzzzzing out.

Gosh, it really felt like heaven!

Went home after lunch and took a looooooong nap, only to wake up in time for dinner.

Went to Paramount Garden to have Hokkien fried noodles and Kung Po Claypot Frog Porridge. Mmmmmmmm. :)

Went home after that to watch this Korean movie on 8TV - My Girl & I.
It was really a tragic love movie, with a sad ending. And I can't help but cry. The reason why I enjoy watching and tearing over sappy old movies is because that even though the storylines are so predictable and corny, nobody in reality (or at least in my reality) says things like

"I've decided. Everytime I laugh, cry, and live, it'll be for you"

or

"My grandmother was meant for my grandfather, my mom was meant for my dad, I hope that you are meant for me."

This is only what young lovers would say in the innocence and naiveness of love.

I feel that perhaps this is the reason why I love watch these kind of movies - secretly hoping that one day someone will say words like those to me. I love being loved, and undeniably, I love affections and attentions from the people I love. I love being reassured, being cuddled, being hugged, etc. Sometimes, I feel that I do not have enough of those!

I later then watch National Treasure II - Books of Secret at Cineleisure with JC. Show was suppose to start at 11.30, but somehow it was delayed until 12am. It was a good show nonetheless, and I personally think it's one of the better shows I've watched this year.




Sunday (today) my confirmation in church by the Bishop. Got my certificate of confirmation *so proud* :)

After church, had yet another argument with JC, and now I'm mad at him. But I shouldn't be so bothered about it anyway, wasting all my energy into being angry. I have other better things to do. And I just have to learn to let go alot of things and baggage in my life, and being in this relationship has really taught me so much.

So here I'm, on a Sunday night, recapping my weekend well spent, with the people I love and care about. And I thank God once again for these beautiful moments, that I truly appreciate.


And these are the moments,
I thank God that I'm alive.
And these are the moments,
I'll remember all my life.
I've got all I've waited for,
I could not ask for more.
- Edwin McCain -

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin