Nuffnang

Sunday, January 20, 2008

.: Nicholas Sparks : The Notebook :.


The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they always have been and will be. Maybe we've lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we've found each other. And maybe each time, we've been forced apart for the same reasons. That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come.

When I look at you, I see your beauty and grace and know they have grown stronger with every life you have lived. And I know I have spent every life before this one searching for you. Not someone like you, but you, for your soul and mine must always come together. And then, for a reason neither of us understands, we've been forced to say goodbye.

I would love to tell you that everything will work out for us, and I promise to do all I can to make sure it does. But if we never meet again and this is truly goodbye, I know we will see each other again in another life. We will find each other again, and maybe the stars will have changed, and we will not only love each other in that time, but for all the times we've had before.



Having watched The Notebook, the movie adaptation to Nicholas Sparks novel, just the other day, I was drawn to read this romance novel for myself. I was truly mesmerised by the words he used in this novel, romantic but in a not so corny kinda way. How can you not fall in love again and again with this author's masterpieces?



Quotes from his novels like;


Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can't control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That's what it's like for me. I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt that you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me love like that has happened only once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it.



You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.


You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.


I would recommend that those who had only watched the movie, read this novel as well, and vice versa, because the emphasis of the movie and novel was slightly different. The movie encircled more on the courtship between Noah & Allie during summer, while the novel was more on them meeting again for the second time. Having blend both visual(from the movie) and the lyrical beauty of the emotions he so wonderfully brought out in his novel, it's the ultimate perfect love story!

Makes me wonder if there ever will be a "Noah" in my life.......

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin