Nuffnang

Saturday, March 8, 2008

.: Umbrella :.

With arms wrapped around my shoulder, sharing an umbrella under a heavy downpour....
Isn't it romantic?

Well.... There's just one catch....

We were surrounded by close to 2,000+ people, listening to Teresa Kok (a DAP contestant) propagating.

JC and I was attending a ceramah in Taman Tun Dr Ismail at a huge playground nearby the Sekolah Menengah TTDI 1. It's my first time attending a rally, and I must admit that I'm really overwhelmed by the number of people who turned up. The heavy downpour didn't stop these people.

Some of the topics highlighted by the speakers really hit the note; with great applauds and shouts from the crowds!

In my opinion, Teresa Kok was a really good speaker. She's charismatic, able to bring all relevant issues to the point (not wavering), her good command of English & Cantonese.... It's really admirable...

Nurul Izzah ( daughter of Anwar Ibrahim representing PKR - contesting against Sharizat (BN) ), Lim Lip Eng (Segambut candidate for Parliamentary constituencies) also gave a lil speach, but the crowd went really wild when Raja Petra took the stage - it's almost like a member of The Beetle was there or something (ok, fine - highly exggerated, but you know what I'm trying to get at).

And just yesterday, I went for my 2nd and final rally in SS2 (in front of MJ Cafe) about 10pm with Tony Pua, Haris Ibrahim and Gobind Singh (son of Karpal Singh) as speakers for the day.

So today would be the day, that fellow 10.4 million registered Malaysian voters (the numbers could be higher if you include phantom voters - *bad joke*) to cast their vote and decide on the future leaders of our nation!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin