Nuffnang

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

.: To My Lil Bugger :.

Well that lil bugger I've been growing up with for the last 21 years of my life is flying off to UK today...

I could not send him off as someone mistook the timing, thinking it was 4am in the morning, when it is actually 4pm. And no one noticed until about three days ago, and by that time, it was too late for me to apply for my annual leave.

So am I gonna miss him? Of course, how could I not? All of us are going to miss him, even though he's only gone for 1 year and 3 months (exactly). My heart's quite heavy to know that when I reach back home from work today, that lil bugger is not going to be there.

How I would miss his crazy antics, his blurness that entertains the whole lot of us. No one to fight the remote control with, or the computer with. No one to talk crap with on a lousy day. No dirty jokes at family gatherings at the "children" table, no more crazy dances after winning a game in PS2. No more trying to test him of his pharmacy knowledge everytime I come home from the Doctor, reading the names of the medicines I was prescribed with.

Sigh, the house is gonna be so much empty without that lil bugger around....

I shall not cry, for this is just a temporary goodbye. He will be back in a year plus. Maybe even bring back home a white chick (though we did joke yesterday that it's better that bringing home a white guy *wink*).

Just how much our relationship has developed over the years. From the annoying dude that pokes me while I'm watching TV just to test his home-made shield (consisting of pillows tucked at the front and back of his pants and a wastepaper basket over his head) with a paper sword, to the gamer that thought me games like Starcraft & Command and Conquer (which formed 90% of our conversations back then), to the nerd that ignores me during exam periods (he was way more stressed during PMR that I was with my SPM), to the dirty sicko trying to outbeat me on the most dirtiest jokes.....

Can't help but think bout the time....

we played together...

fight endlessly over everything - I chased him with a bread knife and the maid we had back then freaked out & the dent on the wooden stairs was an imprint of his tooth (he fell down while I was chasing him and his tooth was actually stucked on the staircase)....

where he fell down into a monsoon drain outside our primary school (I was crying, while he was actually laughing in amusement over the whole situation)...

when he annoys me by interupting all my calls by picking up the phone upstairs and screaming in his pre-puberty pitch (which was exactly like a girl!)...

I thought him Add Maths - his standard sentence was "Jie, the question cannot answer wan. I've tried a million times. Stupid <>, dunno how to set question wan!" and then saying "Oh..." when I taught him the solution to the same question...

he asked me to make him a good luck charm for all his exams (it started with me making a four leaf clover for his PMR - and he got straight As')....

he told me horror stories bout aircrashes, pandemics, etc...

I said a prayer for him today, that the good God will be with him when all of us can't.

So Ben, I wish you all the best and I will see you again next year....

p/s : I will definitely convert your room into my Winnie the Pooh shrine.... *muahahaha* *evil grin*

1 comment:

Yin Tan said...

someone mistook the timing, thinking it was 4am in the morning, when it is actually 4pm. And no one noticed until about three days ago

~~~ typical of us lah. =p. Tell me, isn't tat "someone" refers to ben?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin