Nuffnang

Thursday, August 21, 2008

.: Tony Parsons :.



I borrowed (or was it lend? I can never get this right!) two books from our National Library (yes, I went there for the 2nd time in my whole entire life!).....


After reading so much of Nicholas Sparks novels, I tought I'd just "take a break" and give some other authors a chance to entertain me with their pensmanship *cough*cough*


I started with One For My Baby and continued with Man And Boy thereafter....
It's ok, not too bad, but not as entertaining as Nicholas Sparks' (now I'm benchmarking ALL novels to Nic's), and because I read two of his novels back to back, some of his writings in one book are actual replicated in the other book. So the jokes are the same, the style of writing is same, etc (I guess it is never wise to read the same author's books back to back - but then again, this never happened in Nic's novels).


I remember I read Amy Tan's novels (The Joy Luck Club, The Bonesetter's Daughter, The Kitchen God's Wife) back to back and after a while - it tends to be a lil bit boring.....


Anyways, back to Tony's novel - it's not exactly your typical girl meets boy, falls in love and lived happily ever after....


It's more realistic if I may simply put it - messy divorces, affairs, deaths....


Too much "reality" dosage for someone who wishes to be a lil more idealistic if you ask me :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin