Nuffnang

Friday, May 8, 2009

.: YoGa Pose :.

Today at yoga class I saw this elderly man (definately above 55 years) did the Urdhva Dhanurasana pose (also known as Upward Bow Pose or Wheel Pose).




My jaw dropped - I mean, how can this old man be so flexible?

Then the yoga teacher turned to me and asked me if I would like to try. You see, today in class, there was only three of us. The elderly man has been practising yoga for close to 30 years. The lady for 8 years. And me - a few days short from six months.


I was like "Are you even sure I can do that?"




I mean, can you imagine a hippo in that pose? Yeah, neither can I, hence, the scepticism.

To which he replied "Well, you can try!"

I reluctantly agree to try, which slight comfort knowing that I'm insured (under Prudential *wink*) if anything should happen to me. Tho I'm not very sure if it covers injuries due to stupidity attempting nearly impossible yoga poses.

But to my utter surprise - I did it.

I mean, I actually did the Urdhva Dhanurasana pose!

So proud of myself.

It was like on-top-of-the-mountain-high feeling for me....................



.............until I realise I do not know how to get out of that pose.

I went like "Oh no! How do I get out of this pose" to which everyone laughed, including the yoga teacher who helped me dislodge my pose. >.<

1 comment:

Tammie said...

I LOL'd at this post!

HAHAHA..SO FUNNY! hehehe..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin