Nuffnang

Thursday, July 2, 2009

.: Crabtree & Evelyn :.

Another victim of the recession....

Crabtree & Evelyn has filled for bankrupcy protection under Section 11. This is the same bankruptcy protection that GM has filed exactly a month ago. Read here.

Crabtree and Evelyn was founded in 1973 as a family business and then turned into an international business with branches in Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, France and other countries including Malaysia - with 7 branches ; 6 located within the KL city center and 1 in Gurney Drive, Penang.

Known for their rich English apothecary English tradition and fine living, Crabtree & Evelyn offers products ranging from bath & shower gel, body moisturiser, hand care & foot care products. I got as a Christmas gift a Summer Hill Hand Therapy Cream and I love the smell of blended fresh grass, orchard fruits and wildflowers. And the best thing is that the fragrance last for a very very long time.

Well, it is such a shame that this company is not spared from the economic downturn. I guess we shall see if this company could still be revived after their planned restructuring. But if not, there will likely be a closing down sale with great bargains out there.

One man's loss, is another woman's gain!

4 comments:

goingkookies said...

serious?? the one in msia filed for bankruptcy??

yikes..

Kathlynn said...

Am not so sure the one in M'sia, but if I recall correctly, the one in US was the one that filed for protection.

But I am sure if your main company goes down, all will go down as well?

Fabriella FF said...

I just got the exact summer hill hand theraphy yesterday. a gift frm my sis.. love d smell n my mum oso wanna steal it 4 me. hahaha XD

Kathlynn said...

Nice rite? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin