Nuffnang

Friday, July 31, 2009

.: Recipe : Peanut Butter Pie :.


Since I had some leftover peanut butter from my previous attempt (note the word "attempt") to make some Choc Chunk Cookies, I decided to try on these simple, fuss-free unbaked/frozen Peanut Butter Pie.

Ingredients as below (unmodified)

110 g cream cheese
90 g sugar
130 g peanut butter
120 ml milk
225 g frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts

First, beat together cream cheese and sugar, then mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the 9 inch graham cracker pie shells; cover, and freeze until firm.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy right?

Psssstt.... I am going to modify and add some chocs - so I will reduce the sugar just to make sure its no sugar overkill.

Let's just see how these turns out! :)

Updated :

My totally modified recipe (as I could not find the most of the ingredients). But it turns out super lovely I must say (I know, self praise is no praise, but I wouldn't say it's good, unless its good).

So here goes:
110 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cheese)
90 g sugar
130 g peanut butter
225 g yogurts (natural, unsweetened)
200 g chocolate
A handful of salted roasted peanuts

For crust
1/2 pack of Digestive biscuits
Some melted butter

First, prepare crust by mashing Digestive biscuits with butter and flatten it into a baking tray (alternatively you can use Oreo cookies - like Bridget did with her apple crumble and it turned out super yummy!).

Then melt chocolate in a bowl on top of a pan of simmering water (this is known as the bain marie technique). Beat together cream cheese and sugar into the slightly cooled melted chocolate. Mix in peanut butter and yogurt and continue to beat until smooth. Lastly, add in the peanuts.

Spoon into the pre-prepared crust; cover, and freeze until firm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin