Nuffnang

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

.: Recipe : Kath's Chicken Yogurt :.

Another "Martha Steward" post, as Tammie was teasing me the other day.

This time it's bout roasting chicken.

Now, after a couple of attempts of roasting chickens; either nicely chopped pieces of chicken or the whole chicken , either it's the Western style or the Chinese style - I believe that we could never go wrong when it comes to roasted chickens.

All one need to do is to make sure the chicken is pre-marinated - with whatever type of flavourful herbs and spices at your whims and fancies - and all you need to do is chuck it in the oven, throw in a couple of onions (quartered) and some pre-boiled potatoes - and you have a complete meal! :)

Last weekend, since I have some yogurt leftover, I decided to try some roasted-chicken-with-yogurt dish.

Now, when I asked JC to google up a recipe, we realise that there are actually two types. One - the Indian type; using a mixture of spices. And then there's the Greek style - with lemon and mixture of herbs.

I decided to go for - both! Fusion! *this is as creative and as artsy as I could get, so just please bear with my excitement*

My very own Kath's Chicken Yogurt

5 - 6 pieces of your favourite chicken parts (I used drumstick and thighs)
3 - 4 tablespoon of natural, unsweetened yogurt
1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 -5 cloves of garlic (peeled and whacked firmly with the back of your knife)
Some mixed herbs of your choice (chicken goes really well with all sort of herbs - terragon, rosemary, sage, thyme; for me, I used the ready mixed dried herbs I bought from Tesco UK *so cheap I tell you, even after conversion*)
Some chili flakes (add more if you want it to be more spicier)
Salt and pepper to taste

Marinate chicken with all the above ingredient for about 2 hours or more. The longer you marinate, the more flavour the chicken absorbs. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, put in chicken pieces and grill for about half an hour. It will take slightly longer if the chicken was frozen beforehand.

You know it's done when you use a skewer and poke through the chicken and if the juices comes out clear - your chicken is ready to eat! If it's slightly pinkish (or red for that matter) - just put it back into to oven for a couple of minutes more.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin