Nuffnang

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

.: Sherlock Holmes : A Review :.

I have been an avid fan of Sherlock Holmes ever since I can remember.


There is just something that I like bout reading a mystery novel that I love, hence I’ve traded Sweet Valley for Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys.

At that time, I have heard of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes, but never got the chance to sink my hand into it until I got it at a discount in one of the Penguin booksales (when I was in Std 6?)



I started off with the first book and finished the whole novel in matter of days.

I just love the way the way Conan Doyle writes of this very interesting character and how his character could brilliantly deduce and come to a conclusion based on his observation of minor details.

And, contrary to what many of you may think, Sherlock Holmes NEVER did once mentioned “Elementary, my dear Watson”

My all time favourite quote from Sherlock Holmes (which CSI Gil Grissom did quote in one of the Las Vegas CSI series) has to be:

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”

Now, like many good novels, they made Sherlock Holmes into a movie. And I had a chance of catching this movie with fellow ICAEW members & students in Cathay Cineleisure last Sun.



It was a very much anticipated movie as I was not very such how Robert Downey Jr could pull out this idiosyncratic character portrayed in the movie thriller I have seen. And how all this could fit to the notion of Sherlock Holmes from the novel from what I have read. But I must admit Guy Ritchie did a brilliant job into modernizing and reinventing Sherlock Holmes to what, in my personal view, resembles that character of Dr. Gregory House (House M.D).



No spoilers in this movie review, but the ending of this movie practically scream for a squeal, and I am very such that many fans would love that very much.

A movie worth to watch!

1 comment:

Nikel Khor said...

go watch it nw..a long waiting movie so

here me at Nikel Khor

Blog Widget by LinkWithin