Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

.: Date Night :.

Steve "40-year-old-virgin" Carrel and Tina "Sarah Palin" Fey teamed up in romance-comedy-action (I am not very sure exactly which genre this movie falls under, but I reckon is the combination of the above with a respective 2:5:3 ratio - sue me for being so anal).

I was one of the few privallaged ones to get to watch the premiere of this movie last night.

How did I like it?

Enough to recommend it you guys to watch it.

But not enough to compulse me to watch this movie twice (so far, only movies like Shrek I or You've Got Mail or My Best Friend's Wedding have reached to that satisfactory level for me).

The movie is basically about a suburban couple, Phil & Claire Foster, slogging through their daily lives and marriage. When a close couple friend disclosed to them that they are separating, it shocked both of them to the core as they reflect back on their married life (this was the part that seriously scared me the most - to think JC & I will be like them soon enough, when everything becomes routined and mundaned. OMG, why did I agree to marry him? Ok, ok, back to the movie review) To reignite the marital spark and not just let this routine drift them apart to be just "really great roommates" they visit a trendy Manhattan bistro (as opposed to the borin' old restaurant they go to on their weekly date nights).

But, by a simple twist of fate and Murphy-law pulling a fast one on them, a case of mistaken identity hurtles them through the city at breakneck speeds, wild, crazy non-stop adventure to save their lives.... and in the process, save their marriage.

Indeed, this was one date night that the Fosters could never forget.....

As for me, the movie was basically entertaining, with myself & my date (my aunt) laughing at some really hilarious scenes, but also cringing to some really unnecessary lame scenes.

Well, did the Fosters manage to safe their life and their marriage? Well, it's no spoiler that this movie (like any other romantic comedy movies) ended with a happily ever after.

My favourite part?

Well, it was the part where Phil said to Claire (pardon if it's not the word to word quote) "If I had to do it all over again. I would. You. Me. The kids. I would..."

Now everyone go awwwwwww.... :)

3 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

i may watch it as well =)

goingkookies said...

awwww.... *hehe*

Kathlynn said...

watch it ken! :)

kookies - lol!~ :) it was really such a touchin moments (well at least to me)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin