Nuffnang

Thursday, September 9, 2010

.: Katherine Hepburn Brownies :.

A mini break from my self-impose hiatus from baking after much abstinence (I really can't help it anymore)!

I've decided to try out (yet) another recipe in search for the perfect brownies recipe. And this one looks quite promising as I patiently wait for it and upload the recipe here in my blog.

This recipe is adapted from my immediate boss sister in law's food blog Sugar & Everthing Nice

Katherine Hepburn Brownies

Ingredients:

4 oz bittersweet chocolate (113gram)
1/2 cup cocoa powder (60gram)
1/4 lb unsalted butter (4 oz or 113gram)
1 cup brown sugar (110gram)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 ts vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (30gram)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
Handful of lightly roasted & crushed walnuts (optional)

Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 325 F (or 162 C).
2) Butter baking pan
3) In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat, stirring until completely melted ala Bain Marie method or you alternatively, you may opt to use the microwave.
4) Next, stir in the sugar, coffee, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
5) Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk well.
6) Stir in the flour and salt and mix well.
7) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes

Let's cross our fingers (and toes) and see how it turns out.



The texture of the brownies of this recipe is not as chewy & chocolatey as how I would like my ideal brownies to be. It was moist, but abit crumbly, plus there was way to much cocoa powder in this recipe. Nonetheless, the smell was absolutely lovely, and it just brings back the nostalgic joy of baking.

I am going to cheat a lil and bake a couple of more stuff. Starting with the basic cupcakes, and the challange is to perfect the topping recipe as well as the piping technique.

Or perhaps try another brownie recipe posted in my friend's blog.

Or perhaps both! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin