Nuffnang

Saturday, September 3, 2011

.: Recipe : Simple Strawberry Sponge Cake :.

I manage to get some fresh strawberries at a bargain from my trip up to Cameron Highlands a couple of weeks back, so I decided to make a simple strawberry cake.



The recipe as below:

For cake batter
175g butter*
175g sugar*
175g self-raising flour*
3 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
 
Whipping cream (I used fresh whipping cream, but you may opt for the easier ready-made one, but I reckon it won't taste as good)
Fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
Strawberry jam (which I also made from scratch & JC loved it so much he have it with vanilla ice cream for the next few days til its gone!)

- Cream the cake batter together.
- Divide the batter equally into two 8" round pans
- Bake at preheated 180C oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan then remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- Begin to assemble by spreading a generous amount of strawberry jam on one of the layer of cake.
- This is followed by a layer of fresh fresh whipped cream and then finished with a layer of fresh strawberries.
 
- Place the second layer of cake on the top, spread some more fresh whipped cream and decorate with more fresh strawberries.
 
- Voila! Enjoy with a freshly brew pot of tea! :)
 
*the magical 6 oz ratio also used in my previous cupcake recipe here. Can't really go wrong with this ratio.
Note that pics above are of the miniature version made with my ramekins as there was some leftovers from the main cake I made. No pics of the main cake tho! :)
 
 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin