Nuffnang

Saturday, January 14, 2012

.: Aesop Fables :.

Recently have had Aesop Fables on my ELibrary and was reading it last night, much to my husband's amusement. Both knowingly and unknowingly, I have read a couple of Aesop fables during my younger days. It is, afterzll, one of the more preferred choice of indirect moral education back in my days. For e.g. The fable of The Hare and The Tortoise or The Boy Who Cried Wolf (which is known as The Shepherd Boy and The Wolf), I believe, still remains popular until today. The less popular ones, which brings back memories of my childhood reading days includes The Bear and The Two Travellers, The Lion and The Mouse, The Dog and The Shadow, etc just to name a few. What surprises me even more is those unread tales, and the moral of the stories, which are very applicable, even more so especially for adults - of life, of friends, or businesses or of work, etc. I find it really amusing of each parables and how I can even relate to some of it. I read some to my husband, to prove his assumptions wrong that the Aesop Fables are merely "children's bedtime stories". Will be sharing some of these fables soon. Now, back to my reading.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin