Nuffnang

Monday, January 9, 2012

.: What Makes One Strong? :.

“Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.”



It is true that it is not easy to let go. And it does take much more bravery & courage to let go than it takes to hold on. I recalled of how Abraham was so faithful and obedient to God that he is willing to let go his ONLY son Issac to the hands of God. For a man at that age, after years of trying for a child, it really takes such great courage but even greater faith to let go of something so precious to him.

 And perhaps the beginning of this year is a reminder of how I must continue to learn to be faithful and put my whole trust in Him. And that sometimes, it is only when one moves out of one’s comfort zone in obedience that one truly learn to let go one’s grip and reach out one’s hands into the arms of God. Not easy, but it is something that I have been reminded time and again to do.

1 comment:

goingkookies said...

Hi,

Letting go and putting my whole trust in God in good AND bad times is also something I am learning to get a grip off. No easy feat but sometimes, the results are pretty rewarding!

I am trying to get in touch with you.. so that I can send you the book... do email me your mailing address k.

Cheers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin