Nuffnang

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

.: Up On Stage Again :.



I was invited by Pat via a phone call two months back to give a speech to high school students on the ICAEW programme [click here to read my past experience on stage]. If you have read, you would have known that I just have this phobia of going on stage. My palms gets all sweaty, my pulse rate doubles, I have butterflies & knots in my tummy, that sort of things. But, for some weird reason, I said ok (perhaps it is because of my inability to say no).

Long and short of it, the date was decided to be on 7th July, at Sunway University's Multipurpose Hall. I later found out that it will be forum style (which is much better, as I don't have to stand solo, delivering a bunch of mumbo jumbo which probably bore the kids half to death anyways.

Anyways, again, to cut a long story short, the whole event went pretty well. Must really give credit to the CFAB students who managed from head to tail the whole event. I know plenty of hard work went behind the scene to make that day a sucessful one.

Our forum slot was scheduled for an hour and the half. At first, pre-discussion, we were worried that we may not have enough to talk to the kids about. But the moderater, Jane, was excellent in moderating the whole forum, and we did have a bunch of engaging crowd. The students were enthuasistic to ask questions to the members of the panel, which I must say, the panels did a good job answering them. It ended up we have overrun our time, but I am sure most of the students didn't mind one bit, and so did we.

I had my moments of stage fright & I could hear the shiver in my voice over the mic, but again, I'm glad I step-up to that personal challenge. I told myself never again, but if I know myself better, if another opportunity arises, I will still say yes.





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin