Nuffnang

Friday, March 18, 2016

.: Flowers To You :.

I love receiving flowers, tho I rarely get them these days as I used to in the past (here & here) *big hint to The Husband*

Today is my mom's birthday, and even tho we have had an early birthday celebration during my short visit back KL a couple of weeks ago, I thought I should surprise her with a nice bouquet of flowers. I placed my order with HappyBunch last night, and they delivered it to her doorstep just earlier today.

She was exceptionally pleased, send pics to us on our wider whatsapps group (my maternal aunties, uncles & cousins group), to our immediate family group (the six of us) and also to me personally.

She modeled it on the table, on the floor, in a vase - everywhere!

I am glad that she is happy to have received such a small gift that really made her day.

Once, The Husband told me that every year, his dad would faithfully go to his late-mom's grave and bring her red roses, coz his mom loved red roses. So I asked The Husband "Did you dad buy flowers for you mom when she's alive?"."Never" he replied. And I think that is quite sad. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful gesture what his dad did there, but it would have been much better if he did all those while he is alive?

I learn from there that is is truly more meaningful to do certain things - like giving flowers, when one is alive.

The other is of giving eulogy - which is why I am so glad that during my late grandma's 80th birthday, we all made a video for her from all of us telling her what we love about here, what we remember her most by, what is our favorite food that she's made, etc. Everytime I think of her, I think of that day where we showed her that video and hope that she passed away knowing how much we love her.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin